Funding Watch Survey shows budget uncertainty already hitting sector
The topline results of the survey showed that –
- 88% of respondents that receive statutory funding have received no confirmation of statutory funding for their services after March 2017 and believe this funding is at risk
- 43% of these respondents said they would expect loss of this funding to result in redundancies
- nearly one third (31%) have already put staff on notice of potential redundancy
- Nearly one in ten (9%) reported that funding cuts to their organisations for next financial year had already been confirmed
- 15% of those who reported their statutory funding was at risk, indicated that other funding they were due to receive (e.g. from European Social Fund, the Arts Council, Neighbourhood Renewal fund and Regional Development Fund) was dependent upon receiving this statutory funding
NICVA is continuing to engage with government to highlight the impact which the current political and budgetary uncertainty is having and urging politicians and officials to work to bring about stable government and early clarity on the question of future funding for voluntary and community organisations after March.