GDPR Data Sharing Workshop #DataFridays
Community and voluntary sector organisations often find themselves with the need to share personal information about service users with other organisations, in the course of referrals, collaboration on projects, or as a result of funding requirements.
This can leave the data owner open to legal risks in terms of data protection law, as well as facing the practicalities of transferring information by a secure method.
This workshop will bring participants from voluntary and community organisations together to explore the legal obligations and practical concerns around sharing data with others, with advice from data protection specialists from Forde Campbell Law.
- Common data sharing scenarios in the context of GDPR
- Contracts and data sharing agreements
- Informing data subjects, and when you might need to get consent
- Anonymisation and minimisation of shared data
- Secure transfer of information either digitally or physically
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for - even in the case of free to access events. Full details on our cancellation policy:
NICVA cancellation policy