Action on Hearing Loss NI
We've developed a range of support services to meet the needs of local people who are deaf, have a hearing loss or tinnitus.
We have a large team of experienced and understanding staff and volunteers who are skilled in working with people who are deaf, have a hearing loss or tinnitus at a range of locations across Northern Ireland.
- Hear to Help - hearing aid support - Do you live in Northern Ireland and need help with your NHS hearing aids? Our Hear to Help volunteers can provide free advice and support.
- Hear to Meet - befriending service - Hearing Loss and deafness can be isolating, so we have set up a network of social groups to help reduce isolation and distress.
- Communication support - Are you looking for communication support? Find out how to choose the best form of support and how to book communication support.
- Care and support - Find out how we can support you to find services that meet your needs. We help service providers, service users and professionals.
- Deaf Awareness for Younger People - Deaf Awareness for Young people (D.A.Y.) aims to reach out to schools and youth groups to raise awareness of hearing loss and deafness.
- Sensory Engagement Programme (SEP) - If you live in the border counties and have a hearing loss, we can help you access key services, contact service providers and provide support and guidance
- Employment support in Northern Ireland - Are you deaf or do you have a hearing loss? Our Employability Programme for Deaf People (EPDP) is designed to guide and support you.
- Citizens Advice Bureau drop-in - In Northern Ireland, we provide sign language interpreters for specialist Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) services in Belfast and Derry.
- Health and wellbeing - We work with a range of employers, education and health partners to give you the chance to take part in health, leisure and sports activities.
- Information and exhibition stands - Organising an event in Northern Ireland? We can attend and give talks, provide exhibition stands and help signpost you to local services.
- Services for businesses - If you are a business or service provider we can help you gain our Louder than Words accreditation, a Work Based Events and arrange training courses.
- Training for individuals and small group groups - For smaller organisations and individuals we run Training Access Points (TAP) in Start to Sign and Deaf Awareness training at single venues.