Age Sector Platform
Age Sector Platform represents a strong unified voice for older people in Northern Ireland. It is the charity responsible for the Northern Ireland Pensioners Parliament.
Age Sector Platform has a membership of individuals and older people’s groups across Northern Ireland, representing approximately 200,000 people.
ASP works across a broad range of older peoples membership organisations to:
- Provide older people’s perspectives into the formation of legislation;
- Increase awareness of, and improve older people’s understanding of legislation which affects them;
- Ensure that public authorities understand and comply with their statutory obligations as laid down in Section 75 (of the 1998 NI Act);
- Participate in the political and decision-making processes that affect older people at both local and regional government level; and
- Sustain a two-way communication process between Government bodies and older people’s organisations and networks across Northern Ireland and beyond.