To promote user empowerment, dignity, independence, choice of service (for user carers) full integration for people with disabilities into the life of the community.
Who we are & what we do!
- Willowbank is a rights based community voluntary organisation constituted as a Company Ltd by Guarantee with charitable recognition. Managed by a Board of Directors 60% of whom are persons with disabilities, which is what defines us as a user controlled organisation.
- Run as a social enterprise, services are designed and implemented in partnership with the identified needs, aspirations and expectations of the people who use our services. All generated profits are re-invested in service developments.
- We are committed to ensuring that the voices of people with disabilities are heard this work is carried out through the LARG, Lobbying Activism & Research Group
- We are committed to supporting people with disabilities to maximise individual and group potential and to ensuring that people with disabilities exercise their right to equal citizenship
- “We have identified through our work that social exclusion and marginalisation from the wider community is an issue for persons with disabilities, as is the assumption that we are defined by our disability. This negates our right to be the diverse, multi-faceted people that we are”.
Support will mean different things to different people and we can offer support in a range of areas:
- Personal Care
- Learning Support, including scribe, etc
- Working with occupational therapist or physio to ensure you have the equipment to best meet your needs