Active Communities Division supports physical activities during Covid-19
NI's Active Communities Division have provided some useful resources in response to issues raised during the Emergency Leadership Group meetings.
Every Body Active Coaches, funded by Sport NI, and supported by a range of governing body and community and voluntary organisations have come together with the support of district councils, to deliver a range of online sports and physical activities that can be done at home during Covid-19.
Click on the links below to find out more about each sporting initiative.
What's on offer?
|British Gymnastics Foundation - Love to Move Programme|
|WISPA (Women in Sport and Physical Activity) - Isolation Workouts|
|Sport NI - Inspire Sports Hub|
|Disability Sport NI - Live Active NI|
Face to Face Activity
Sport NI is engaging with and pursuing:
- Every Body Active leads work within district councils to encourage coaches to connect with local Age Concern and other groups to see if they can deliver specific online programmes geared towards improving balance and muscle tone
- Community Planning colleagues and sports development teams in district council areas are looking to develop ideas and plans over how to exercise safely within the home/ garden/ local area, with the physical activity co-ordinators in each of the health care trusts
- Sport NI will work with all eleven district councils to explore how best to re-engage with communities and individuals of all ages in physical activity
- Clubs and associations will need some resource to be able to attract people back to their setting
- Initiatives to support raising confidence of older people to access sport and physical activity opportunities will be key
- Sport NI is working with key partners to identify and upskill individuals as mentors to support and signpost people to the right support
We'll bring you more on this initiative when further developments are announced.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here