Bursaries for ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
We know that for some people the cost of training can be a barrier to accessing the skills needed for jobs and career progression. That's why we are offering bursaries for our ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Development as part of our Cost Of Living Crisis response, supported by the Department for Communities.
The ILM course normally costs £1,200 (or at a reduced rate of £865 for NICVA members), so we would encourage you to take up this offer and avail of these huge savings.
This offer is open until 31 March 2023 so please apply today. This offer is now CLOSED
The ILM Level 5 Diploma has been designed to equip managers and leaders with the confidence and skills to navigate the cost of living crisis. It will give opportunity for peer learning and support, as well as problem-solving and visioning for the future.
The qualification is designed for practising managers, helping them to develop further their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for a more senior role. There will be activities, personal reflective exercises and an application of knowledge into skills practice that encourages personal development and leadership.
This course focuses on 3 key areas:
- Developing yourself as a leader
- Leading others
- Leading the organisation
- Manager/team leader in voluntary and community sector organisation in Northern Ireland
- Manage at least one member of staff
- Approval from line manager and commitment from organisation
- Available to attend all sessions
- Committed to complete all assignments
- Preference will be given to organisations with income of less than £500,000 per year
- One bursary available per organisation (more may be available on reserve bases depending on demand)
If you apply for this programme you are signing up to attend:
- Online induction
- 8 training sessions - some full and half days, online and in person in NICVA
- 3 assignment support sessions
You will also need to complete 4 assignments and one presentation as detailed below:
- Becoming an Effective Leader – assignment including a Personal Development Plan
- Managing your own Continuous Professional Development – assignment including completion of your own CPD plan
- Improving your leadership through Action Learning – assignment and participation in at least 2 action learning sets
- Making professional presentations – completion of a workbook and preparation and delivery of a recorded 8 -10 minute presentation to your peers
If you are interested in a bursary for ILM level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management and can commit to the requirements of the course please complete the application form before 31 March 2023.
If you have any problems completing or submitting the form please contact Sandra.
There is a maximum of 20 people per course and we will run three courses throughout the rest of 2023.
If you do not complete the ILM accreditation you will be invoiced for the ILM registration costs.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here
- Impact stories from ILM level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (April 2023) **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (May 2023) **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (August 2023) **REGISTRATION CLOSED**