Carers Week (12-18 June): Celebrate carers in your community
That’s why, this Carers Week (12-18 June), Carers NI are asking individuals and communities up and down Northern Ireland to do what they can to make life that little bit easier for carers. Whoever you are, whatever you do, you can make a difference.
This year, Carers NI want to highlight the importance of Carer Friendly Communities – places where local people and services understand what it’s like to be a carer and do what they can to make life a little bit easier for carers.
As such, Carers NI are asking people to visit the Carers Week website to recommend Carer Friendly services. It might be an employer, local GP, pharmacy, local care service or a café that is Carer Friendly. They're urging everyone to pledge their support to carers and make a change.
There are lots of different ways to get involved in Carers Week:
- Visit the Carers Week website www.carersweek.org and:
- Recommend an organisation or service that is carer friendly
- Pledge your support for Carers Week and carry out a change that will help your organisation or service to become more carer friendly
- Run an activity or event and add it to the Carers Week website to get a free event pack with resources for your event.
- Follow Carers Week on Twitter @CarersWeek and use the hashtag #carersweek
- Like Carers Week on Facebook at www.facebook.com/carersweek and join in with the discussions
Carers Week 2017 is made possible by Carers NI collaborating with Age NI, Carers Trust, Independent Age, Macmillan Cancer Support NI, MNDA NI, MS Society NI and Which? Elderly Care and kindly supported by Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition and the Lockwood Foundation.
Join in this Carers Week to build communities that recognise and value the vital contribution carers make to our families, communities and wider society.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here