Clothworkers' Emergency Capital Programme
The Clothworkers’ Emergency Capital Programme (CECP) will award small capital grants of up to £5,000 for essential capital items to adapt or increase services in response to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. Priority will be given to organisations supporting vulnerable and ‘at risk’ groups within our programme areas during this period.
They recognise the immediate need for capital items and aim to make quick decisions on applications. However, if they receive a large volume of applications it may take up to two weeks for a decision to reach you.
They expect the criteria for this programme to evolve as their understanding of the needs of organisations supporting beneficiaries in their programme areas develops.
For more information please click here
- Applications are only open to charities whose beneficiaries are not based in London
- We will award capital grants of up to £5,000 (but we will not award grants equal to more than 50% of your annual income)
- We aim to communicate a decision within one week (but it may take up to two weeks)
- Capital projects that are planned as part of your organisation's ordinary course of business are not eligible; for these you may wish to review the What We Fund page for our Open Grants Programmes
Key organisational eligibility
- Income of less than £2 million per annum
- Work of the applicant organisation must fall within our nine programme areas
- We do not support organisations that promote a particular religion or that only provide services to people of a particular religion
You must demonstrate your not-for-profit status in the application form and your accounts. We fund the following types of charitable and not-for-profit organisations:
- Charities registered with the Charity Commission including Community Interest Organisations (CIO)
- Community Interest Companies (limited by guarantee without share capital)
- ‘Exempt Charities’ (in which case we require details of your principal regulator and/or evidence of HMRC exemption)
- Special Schools
Please note that a ‘Constitution’ document alone is not a sufficient demonstration of eligibility.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here