Consultation on Audit of Inequalities and Equality Action Plan 2021-24
The ‘Audit of Inequalities’ is a commitment with the Council’s Equality Scheme to gather information about inequalities in Belfast which we can be addressed by the role and functions of the Council. From the information gathered, BCC have also developed an Equality Action Plan setting out proposed actions that aim to address inequality in areas such as economic development, waste management and parks services. The Equality Action Plan contains some of the key priorities from Council Corporate Plan, which will have the biggest impact on inequalities.
The Council adopted a four-stage approach to develop the Audit of Inequalities and Equality Action Plan:
- Review of the Equality Scheme. The council’s Equality Scheme was approved by ECNI in March 2015. A new scheme will be reviewed, revised and submitted to ECNI for approval.
- Review of evidence including:
- statistical baseline data for Section 75 groups in the Council area
- Belfast City Council strategies, plans, programmes, policies, complaints, surveys, consultations and a range of completed Section 75 screening templates and Equality Impact Assessments (EQIA)
- Review of previous audits and action plans produced by Belfast City Council, other local authorities and other statutory bodies
- Audit of service areas and functions through consultation with council departments and units including a series of workshops and meetings on preparation and design; auditing; prioritisation; and action planning.
During the twelve week consultation period (running until Tuesday 1st June 2021) the council will have the opportunity to present and take feedback on the draft actions and outcomes that have been designed in order to help address the needs highlighted.
How to get involved?
Complete the online questionnaire at ‘Your say Belfast’:
Attend an online consultation meeting:
• Thursday 22 April from 10.30am until 12pm
• Monday 10 May from 2pm until 3.30pm
To register for a meeting, contact the team at least ten days before the event.
028 9027 0511, freephone 0800 0855 412, textphone 028 9027 0405
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here