Cyber Security is a key issue for Charities: take action with the Charity Discount for Cyber Essentials Accreditation Programme
Many charities remain unaware that they are potential victims of a crime which can have disruptive, even devastating, consequences. For others, finding the necessary resource and knowledge to implement appropriate protections can prove difficult for trustees or Chief Executives.
Addressing resilience within charitable organisations can be a challenge. A survey, ‘Cyber Security Among Charities’ has been published demonstrating the vulnerabilities of charities to cyber-crime and provides insight into why so many charities are so far off the pace.
The Cyber Essentials certificate helps organisations protect themselves against the most common threats found on the internet. Most cyber-attacks exploit basic weaknesses in software and IT systems, Cyber Essentials shows you how to fix those basics and get a good level of cyber security in place.
Cyber Resilience Week runs from 11th-15th September 2017 and during this week, charities are being offered discounted certification to the Cyber Essentials certificate. The IASME Consortium and participating Certification Body Cyphra, will be offering the Cyber Essentials self-assessments at £225 plus VAT as opposed to the usual £300 plus VAT.
Interested charities can find further details via the IASME website.
To take advantage of this week-long promotion, applicant charities will be required to:
- Demonstrate their registered charity status through submission of their charity name and registered charity number.
- Applications must be made during Cyber Resilience week, 11-15 September. All applications must be received before 5pm on Friday 15th
- Once application has been made between 11-15 September, the applicant charity must commence the assessment within one month.
- Assessments must be completed and submitted by 30 November 2017.
- The campaign discounts apply to ‘self-assessments’ only.
To find out about our experience of achieving the Cyber Essentials certification, contact Ian Kelly by emailing [email protected].
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here