DARD Consultation on proposals for Rural Proofing Bill
The proposed Bill would require policy-makers to assess whether proposed policy is likely to have a different impact in rural areas compared with elsewhere. It will support the equitable treatment of rural dwellers by requiring their needs and the impact on rural communities to be appropriately addressed in the development and delivery of policy and public services.
The deadline for responses is Monday, 16 March 2015.
The Department is hosting a series of public meetings to hear your views.
- Thursday 19th February: 7.00pm – 9.00pm, Old Town Hall, Banbridge, Co. Down
- Friday 20th February: 11.30am – 1.30pm, Garvagh Community Building, Garvagh, Co. Derry
- Wednesday 25th February: 2.00pm – 4.00pm, CAFRE Loughry College, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone
- Thursday 26th February: 7.00pm – 9.00pm, CAFRE Greenmount College, Co. Antrim
- Monday 2nd March: 11.00am – 1.00pm,CAFRE, Enniskillen Campus, Co. Fermanagh
- Tuesday 3rd March: 7.00pm – 9.00pm, Old Court House, Markethill, Co. Armagh
- Wednesday 4th March:10.00am – 12.00 noon, The Pavilion, Stormont Estate, Belfast
- Thursday 5th March: 2.00pm – 4.00pm, Omagh Community Forum, Omagh, Co. Tyrone
- Friday 6th March: 2.00pm – 4.00pm, Glenshane House, Dungiven, Co. Derry
Further details are available here