Early Intervention Transformation Programme Professional Development Initiative
A key aspect of successful early intervention is the extent to which agencies and sectors are skilled and able to work together to achieve a system wide approach to identifying and responding to issues. The initiative will therefore be important in achieving goals of transformation and sustainability, particularly via collaborative practice and shared learning across professional groupings.
The Project aims to:
- improve outcomes for children and young people through building the skills and capabilities of professions working within the public sector;
- improve the prevention and early intervention skills and capabilities of professionals working with children and young people in Northern Ireland;
- strengthen the culture of inter-professional working practice by supporting professionals to train together;
- embed commonality in prevention and early intervention approaches and in using evidence informed practice and quality improvement.
These transformational goals will be reached by the:
- development of a common evidence informed prevention and early intervention capabilities framework and learning outcomes;
- adoption of the framework by relevant employers, regulators and professional bodies;
- development of a suite of inter-professional learning and development opportunities to improve skills and capabilities in prevention and early intervention;
- development of a range of materials and resources to support inter-professional undergraduate, postgraduate and post qualifying development aimed at supporting a prevention and early intervention approach to professional collaboration;
- Locality based action learning to support inter-professional practice development.
The Project Steering Group developed a proposal for the delivery of the initiative which was approved by the EITP Programme Board in March 2016. The Project will be delivered between April 2016 and March 2019 and for purposes of the Implementation phase we are now keen to convene a Reference Group who will contribute to and consult on the Project deliverables.
Next steps in progressing the Project
A series of workshops are being convened which are designed to engage those individuals working with children and families across the early years, education, social care and health sector along with key stakeholders in the Project to progress the development of the Early Intervention Professional Development Framework.
The seminars will take place in the Laburnum Suite, Dunsilly Hotel, Antrim on the following dates;
- Monday 20 February
- Monday 20 March
- Monday 24 April
Three have already been held in November, December and January however attendance at these previous meetings is not a prerequisite.
Voluntary and Community sector organisations working with children and young people are particularly welcome at these workshops. To register your interest, please email Andrea Cox ([email protected]). If you have any questions about the workshops or would like more information on previous workshops please contact Patricia Nicholl (028 9536 3378).
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here