Featured Member - Advice NI
It does this through the provision of services, support and development opportunities.
Advice NI has over 65 member organisations across Northern Ireland providing Information and advocacy services on issues including: social security, housing, debt, consumer and employment matters
Advice NI's vision is of a society of confident, informed, and active citizens who can access their rights and entitlements.
Advice NI's mission is to develop an independent advice sector that provides the best possible advice to those who need it most.
Advice NI holds a set of core values which are central to both what they do and how they do it. These values guide them in their work as a membership organisation and as a staff team and influence how they engage with their wider range of stakeholders.
- Respect and promote the independence and diversity of Advice NI membership
- Address and represent the needs and interests of members in a fair, flexible and equitable way.
- Are accountable and transparent in all their work and actively seek ways to include stakeholders.
- Provide a quality, professional and relevant service to members.
- Promote a community development approach in all work
- Work in creative and collaborative ways in the interests of all their members and those they serve.
- Promote equality, social justice and well being.
Need help? Get in touch with Advice NI for FREE help & Advice with
Tax & Benefits Issues
To speak to an adviser about tax and benefits contact the FREEPHONE helpline: 0800 988 2377. Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9am - 5pm. Tuesday and Thursday 9am - 7pm. Alternatively you can email your enquiry to Advice NI Tax & Benefits advisers – [email protected]
To speak to an adviser about your debt problems contact our FREEPHONE helpline: 0800 917 4607. Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm. Saturday - 9am - 3pm. Alternatively text ‘ACTION’ to 81025, visit the Debt Action NI website or email: [email protected].
Business Debt Issues
Small businesses, partnerships and sole traders contact the FREEPHONE helpline: 0800 083 8018. Monday to Friday - 9.30am - 5.30pm. Alternatively, you can email your enquiry to the Business Debtline adviser - [email protected].
Social policy is an ever important aspect of the work of Advice NI and its membership. Their social policy briefing papers are produced on a regular basis on issues of concern to members and their clients.These give a voice to those who bear the brunt of social welfare initiatives, are informed by the experiences of members on the frontline and inform decision makers.
Advice NI's consultation responses are made on an ongoing basis on social welfare related issues. These reflect the vision, mission and values of Advice NI, the values, experiences and views of Advice NI members and ultimately the thoughts and concerns of service users.
- Advice NI are the leading provider of nationally accredited Advice and Guidance, Legal Advice and Independent Advocacy Qualifications in Northern Ireland. For enquiries or to book a place on a training course please contact [email protected].
- Advice NI offers award winning accredited and non-accredited training to meet CPD and quality mark requirements in the advice and legal sectors. They are an approved Assessment Centre with City and Guilds, ProQual and Open College Network Northern Ireland. Their training is offered via face-to-face, e-learning and blended learning approaches.
- Their nationally accredited courses include Awards, Certificates and Diplomas from Level 1 to Level 5 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. All of Advice NI courses are mapped to National Occupational Standards for Legal Advisers and other relevant standards in the sector including Money Advice Standards. Advice NI have achieved accreditation with the Money Advice Service to deliver Wiseradviser money and debt training in Northern Ireland.
Become an Advice NI member
When you become a member of Advice NI you are joining a network of organizations committed to delivering FREE, independent, high quality advice to those who need it most. Advice NI membership will provide you with:
- Access to a range of insurance products including Professional Indemnity
- Subscription to bi-monthly eBulletin AdviceMatters
- Advice NI reports and regular social policy updates
- Subscription to AdviceLink putting you in touch with other advisers
- A listing of your centre providing your location and contact information on the mapping section of Advice NI's website
- Free money advice training and discounted NVQ training
- Support in the development of Quality Standards
- Invitations to conferences, seminars and training events
- Opportunities to network with other Advice NI members and subscribers
Updates & News
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here