Guest Blog: UnLtd - Finding social entrepreneurs with bold solutions to today’s challenges
What is UnLtd?
UnLtd finds, funds and supports social entrepreneurs - enterprising people with solutions that change our society for the better. We were formed in 2002 by seven organisations who believed that social entrepreneurs had a much bigger contribution to make to our economy and society.
We were among the first to back individuals with their own ideas to create social good. We know social entrepreneurs offer some of the best solutions to loneliness, community resilience and to long term economic, social and cultural health.
What does UnLtd do?
Social entrepreneurs have a big role to play in tackling some of the monumental challenges we face today in Northern Ireland. We seek to provide support to enterprising people with solutions to these challenges and who are driving lasting social change in their community.
We help social entrepreneurs by providing funding and support to help start up and scale their impact such as:
- Funding - Get started or progress your social business to the next stage of your journey. With up to £15,000 available to fund organisational costs and help you grow your impact.
- Social Investment - We provide social investment for early stage, growing organisations. We offer between £50,000 and £1,500,000 of social investment.
- Support - Accessing our support to become a social leader. Get advice, guidance and the expertise needed to build on the foundations of your social business and grow your impact.
- Impact Areas - In addition to our Awards, we have two focus areas where we think social entrepreneurs can make a big difference, Healthy Ageing and Access to Employment. We have dedicated teams and specialist support available to social entrepreneurs with ideas to help people in these areas.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for social entrepreneurs who are working in the following way:
- Meeting high levels of need
- Committed to driving long term social change
- Have effective interventions and business models
- There is an opportunity for us to add value
Some social entrepreneurs will meet some or all of the above. We are committed to using our resources to drive change and at least 50% of our Awards will support social entrepreneurs who come from a disabled and/or Black, Asian or minority ethnic background.
How can you find out more?
Join Nuala on Thursday 22nd September to hear more about UnLtd, how to apply for their support, and to share your ideas with her.
Participants have two ways to join the event:
- In person at the NICVA building from 9.00am – 10.30am
- Online 10.45am -12.15pm
To find out more about UnLtd visit www.unltd.org.uk
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here