Halifax Foundation response to COVID-19
Their Large and Special Initiatives grants will be put on hold for now due to the activity based nature of these programmes, to be awarded at a later date. They are inviting applications from charities and constituted groups that focus on supporting the community at this time.
They hope to get grants out quickly to where funds are needed most – rather than quarterly grant making, they will process applications monthly, even weekly where needed.
Brenda McMullan, Executive Director, Halifax Foundation for Northern Ireland has issued the following statement.
"We understand that Coronavirus will present a number of challenges to the charities which we support throughout Northern Ireland over the coming weeks and months. We also recognise that charities will be an even more crucial support mechanism than ever in these unprecedented times in providing both practical and emotional support and tackling isolation.
We want to ensure that we can support you in any way that we can which will include flexibility around funding and reporting. If your charity is affected by the Coronavirus outbreak and you receive grant funding from us:
- We will be reasonable if you need to request budget changes to ensure your projects can continue.
- We will consider any project extension requests sympathetically.
- If you think you will struggle to meet your end of project evaluation deadline please get in touch to request an extension.
From 19 March 2020 we will be closing our Belfast Office and will be working remotely until further notice – if you need to get in touch with us please email us at [email protected] and we will endeavour to answer all queries and requests as quickly as possible.
Our Small and Medium Grants Programmes will remain open, please visit our website should you wish to apply at www.halifaxfoundationni.org - we will consider applications supporting the community at this time of crisis and endeavour to get funds out quickly.
We want to reassure you that we will do whatever we can to support you in the coming weeks and months during these exceptional and difficult times."
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here
- Statements from key trusts & foundations on their COVID-19 responses
- Community Foundation Northern Ireland- Our response and learnings through COVID-19
- New series of cyber security sessions funded by The Halifax Foundation
- The National Lottery Community Fund- funding approach in response to COVID 19