ILM level 7 Award in Leadership and Management
This programme is for senior managers in the voluntary and community sector in NI and is a great opportunity to learn, reflect, analyse and plan, as well as build relationships with peers in the sector.
The programme consists of four classroom learning days and 2 Action learning sets and a follow up tutorial support session with one to one coaching on how to structure and complete the assignment. There will be a further month for you to continue your learning through further research and completion of your assignment.
The focus of this Level 7 award is on meeting the challenge of sustaining your organisation using a leadership and management framework to research and develop a business idea. The course has been designed for those in a senior management position, for those who are new to the role or who are preparing for the highest levels of management. This qualification is also ideal for senior managers looking to develop or improve their ability to think and act strategically.
What do you get from the programme?
● Learn to use networks
● Know how to use an enquiry led evidence-based approach to develop your leadership and management capability
● Develop, implement and evaluate high-level, strategic, business cases
● Embed your leadership and management development in real work
● Develop knowledge and skills to support your future career aspirations
What does your organisation get?
● Combines leadership development with ‘real work’ projects
● Senior leaders and managers who have the ability to think and act strategically
● Senior leaders and managers who make informed evidence-based decisions
* Shifting the focus from the very top of organisations to developing leaders at all levels, and to look more closely at the skill set these leaders require.
Learners will complete one mandatory assignment titled “Developing Strategic leadership and Management capability” that allows you to identify and work on the areas of leadership and management development specific to your own work context. ILM advise it will take 100 hours of self-directed and guided learning to complete this qualification. Group and one to one tutorials are included in the programme to support the completion of the required assessment.
Please complete the online booking form to book your place. Places are limited and commencement of the training is subject to securing the minimum number of learners.
£1,200 NICVA Members/£ 1,700 Non members.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here