Independent review of charity regulation – please complete this questionnaire
Several engagement meetings with the Panel have already taken place with rural, small and medium-sized charities. The Panel is stressing the need for all charities to raise their issues with the current charity framework by completing the following questionnaire:
Many of the issues raised at the engagement meetings include:
- The Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) needs to be introduced so that charities wouldn't have to register as companies to benefit from limited liability for the trustees
- A reporting threshold is needed so that small charities do not need to submit accounts and reports
- The Commission should provide more templates to help charities prepare accounts and reports
- A registration threshold is needed for very small charitable organisations so that they would not be required to register in the first place
- The tone of official correspondence from the Commission to charity trustees is too stern
NICVA urges all voluntary and community organisations to complete the questionnaire above, even if you have raised your issues at one of the meetings or have told us before in previous questionnaires.
The closing date for responses is 12 May 2021.
For more information on the independent review and engagement meetings click here.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here