LRA publishes Guide to the Covid-19 Vaccination and the Workplace
This week the LRA (Labour Relations Agency) published its new guide to support employees and employers with managing vaccination issues in the workplace.
The Practical Guide to the Covid-19 Vaccination and the Workplace developed by the LRA covers a range of issues which employers and employees may face relating to the Covid-19 vaccination and includes a policy template for employers wishing to have a framework in place for dealing with these.
As part of the guidance, the LRA have highlighted some 'key takeaways' which include:
- Consider introducing a ‘COVID-19 vaccination in the workplace’ policy document.
- Approach the issue of vaccination in a voluntary and encouraging way.
- Be aware of the potential legal issues and risks that underpin the wording and implementation of a policy.
- Always take into account fact sensitivities when applying a policy.
- Strive to retain effective and harmonious employment relations regarding the implementation of a policy.
The guidance document is attached to this article and can be accessed on the LRA website via the link above.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here
Find more coronavirus information from NICVA
Sign up for COVID-19 email updates
Not a NICVA member yet?
Save time, money and energy. Join NICVA and you’ll be connecting in to a strong network of local organisations focused on voluntary and community activity.Join Us
NICVA now welcomes all small groups for free.