New COVID-19 guide for employers
What is the new employer guide from the PHA?
One challenge facing employers is knowing what to do and what action to take when an employee or customer develops symptoms* of or tests positive for COVID-19.
The helpful guide produced by the PHA is an easy to follow flowchart of steps an employer should take when employees or customers have symptoms / test positive. The guidance is contained in the attached flowchart and can be downloaded from the PHA website as a quick guide to follow if the situation arises.
What is included in the guide?
The guide outlines what an employer should do if:
- there is a suspected case (employee has symptoms)
- one employee or customer tests positive
- two employees or customers test positive
It includes not only guidance on what the employee should do, such as arranging a test, but also what cleaning measures the employer should undertake.
*COVID-19 symptoms reminder
The symptoms of COVID-19 as listed on the PHA website are:
- a high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature); OR
- a new, continuous cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual); OR
- a loss of or change in sense of smell or taste
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here