NICVA Public Affairs Forum hosts Engagement Event with Derry City and Strabane District Council
This session gave Public Affairs Forum members an opportunity to engage directly with senior officials from the Council and included:
- An overview of roles and responsibilities within the Council.
- How the Council and their Committees work (how decisions get made) and the scope for individuals and organisations to influence decision making in Council, including giving evidence to committees and the role of Council working groups.
- Mechanisms for the voluntary and community sector to engage with the Council, including the Community Planning Process.
NICVA would like to extend huge thanks to Derry and Strabane Council staff Sharon Maxwell, Kay McIvor and Rachael Craig who made this such an informative and engaging session and to those Public Affairs Forum members who attended.
The Public Affairs Forum brings together those working in the areas of policy, lobbying and public affairs across the voluntary and community sector to share ideas and practice, to discuss issues around policy and policy development alongside offering a programme of engagement events and activities.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here
- Public Affairs Forum Council Engagement- Derry City & Strabane District Council
- NICVA hosts Consultation Event on Dormant Accounts Fund for Northern Ireland
- NICVA hosts Consultation Event on the new EU PEACE PLUS Programme for 2021-2027
- NICVA hosts Conversation Zone at the Alliance Party Conference 2020