Northern Ireland Affairs Committee launches inquiry into education funding
The inquiry will examine whether the funding allocated to the Department of Education in the Northern Ireland Budget for 2018-19 is sufficient to meet the challenges facing the sector, and what the spending priorities should be within the Department.
The Committee is inviting written evidence on the following issues:
- Are the funds allocated to the Department of Education in the Northern Ireland Budget Act 2018 sufficient to improve educational outcomes in Northern Ireland?
- How should the UK Government manage additional funding earmarked for education as part of the confidence and supply arrangement?
- Are levels of capital funding sufficient to support investment in improvements to Northern Ireland's schools?
- What are the areas of greatest need in the education sector in Northern Ireland?
- How can funding be best deployed to ensure value for money in education spending?
- How can funding be used to support the diffient school sectors in Norhern Ireland, including schools for children with special educational needs and disabilities?
The closing date for written submission to the Committee is Friday 31 August 2018.
To read more, and to send a written submission, click here.
To view the Northern Ireland 2018-19 Budget document, click here.
For further information on the NI Affairs Committee, click here.
The Committee is currently holding an inquiry into health and social care funding in Northern Ireland. Read more information on this here.