Over 28,000 more NI households to benefit from £600 Energy Bill Support Scheme
Domestic customers across Northern Ireland who did not automatically receive the one off £600 Energy Bill Support Scheme payment can now apply via an online portal.
Over 28,000 households across Northern Ireland have no direct relationship to a domestic energy supplier, such as off grid homes. These households did not receive the support payment when it was initially rolled out in January of this year.
Following a successful trial in specific Northern Ireland postcodes, an online portal is now available as well as a customer helpline for those without internet access.
Eligible customers include:
- care home residents and others in care facilities/sheltered accommodation (wholly or partly self-funded)
- park home residents, houseboats and caravans that can provide proof of address
- social and private tenants who pay for energy through a landlord on a non-domestic supply
- homes on a heat network/private wire
- off-grid homes
- farmhouses used for wholly domestic purposes
To access the portal and for information on eligibility, search ‘energy bill support alternative funding’ on gov.uk.
Alternative, customers can ring the Northern Ireland helpline on 08081753894.
Eligible customers are being urged to apply as soon as possible whilst also staying alert to potential scams.
It is important to note that no links to webpages will be sent out via email and if you receive one, this could be a scam.
You can view full details on all Energy Support Schemes, for both domestic and no domestic customers here.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here