Sector Matters Supports Charity Trustees
How we can help Trustees:
1. Comply with legislation
We can ensure that charities act in accordance with the requirements of employment law by providing ‘hands on’ HR support to Board Members/Trustees with:
- Recruitment of staff
- Developing and reviewing contracts of employment, policies and procedures
- Handling discipline and grievance issues including employment investigations
- Managing redundancy processes
- Help Boards/Trustees set pay by carrying out salary benchmarking
2. Act with care and diligence
Sector Matters can provide external professional advice on HR and finance matters where there may be risk to the charity e.g. advising on best practice in terms of financial record keeping and challenging employment matters.
3. Meet their legal duty in terms of financial record keeping and reporting
Sector Matters can assist Boards of Management and Directors by keeping proper books of accounts with respect to the affairs of the charity through our book keeping and financial management service.
For more information on the role of Trustees visit the Charity Commission website.
To speak to Sector Matters about helping your Board of Management/Directors meet their duties and responsibilities, please call Louise Foster, HR Consultant on 9087 5015 or email [email protected].
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here