Strategic support to the voluntary and community sector consultation events
The public consultation invites and welcomes comments in particular about:
- A proposed new vision for the provision of strategic support to the VCS;
- A series of high level desired outcomes; and
- Key priorities and proposals geared to support the achievement of the desired outcomes (subject to the availability of funding).
On behalf of the NI Executive, the Department for Communities has lead responsibility for supporting the VCS at a regional level across Northern Ireland - support that enables the sector to function efficiently and effectively across urban and rural areas. It is that support that is the subject of this consultation and which complements, but does not include, project related funding to individual VCS groups provided through central or local government for the delivery of services.
The following public consultation events will also be held:
- 11th October 2016 – Derry-Londonderry, Holywell Trust – 10:00am to 12:00pm
- 11th October 2016 – Omagh, Omagh Community House – 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- 17th October 2016 – Belfast, NICVA - 10:00am to 12:00pm
- 17th October 2016 – Newry, Ballybot House - 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- 18th October 2016 – Ballymena, Braid Centre -10:00am to 12:00pm
If you are interested in attending one of these events please register your interest by emailing [email protected] providing contact details and the name of the organisation you represent. In the event that we are oversubscribed we may have to limit attendance to one representative per organisation and will give preference to those who have registered first.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here
- Strategic support to the voluntary and community sector consultation
- Voluntary community and social enterprise sector funding model consultation
- Review of Regional Support Arrangements for the Voluntary and Community Sector: Phase 2
- Review of regional support to voluntary and community organisations