The EU Settlement Scheme and Northern Ireland: Online Event
On 1st January 2021, the UK and Northern Ireland officially left the European Union. Along with many major policy and legislative implications, this change has brought with it changes to the status of EU citizens currently living here. The UK Government introduced the implementation of the EU Settlement Scheme in 2020, a scheme that requires children and adults from other European countries who live in the UK to apply in order to remain resident and have access to public services.
About the Session
With less than 30 days remaining to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, this online information session hosted by the Home Office will take place on Wednesday 9th June from 2-3pm. The session will provide an overview of the scheme and what it means for people in Northern Ireland.
The hour-long online session will include the following:
- An overview of the EU Settlement Scheme and who needs to apply
- What the Scheme means for EU nationals living in Northern Ireland
- A walk through of the application process
- An update on applications from Northern Ireland so far
- Information on recruiting from the EU in the future
- Information on how businesses can support their EU National staff
- Information on Settled/Pre-Settled Status
- Support available in Northern Ireland
You can register for the session now via Eventbrite link below:
If you have any questions about the information session you can contact the EU Exit Migration & Access to Skills team at: [email protected]
If you were living in the UK before 1 January 2021 you should apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021. If you don’t apply to the scheme by this date, you may experience difficulties accessing public services such as healthcare, social security benefits and education.
For further information or to apply to the scheme, visit Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status): Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). To apply for the scheme is free.
If you have a question about your application or need additional support to complete it, you can visit Ask a question about applying for settled status – GOV.UK (eu-settled-status-enquiries.service.gov.uk) or contact the helpline: 0300 123 7379
You can also visit the list of organisations who will be able to help and advise you with your application.
The Committee for Administrative Justice have also produced guidance for citizens living within Northern Ireland that can be accessed here.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here
- EU Settlement Scheme – Information for families and children in care
- Accelerating Public Service Transformation in Northern Ireland: Where to Next?
- * REGISTRATION CLOSED* What would a Bill of Rights for Northern Ireland look like? An information session
- Economic Operator Registration and Identification Number and Post Brexit Trader scheme