The landline switch to digital
Digital Voice is BT’s new home phone service, powered by your broadband connection.
Landlines are going digital. It will be clearer calls and protection against scam calls. For most phones it will be as simple as plugging your home phone into a router rather than the phone socket on the wall. For most customers you can still use your existing phone, you will keep your own number and it won't cost you any money.
BT have a team who can tell you what Digital Voice is, why the change is necessary and what it means for you. You don't have to pre-book, just turn up. The dates and events are listed here.
- 19 September in Girdwood Community Hub, Belfast
- 20 September in Enniskillen, Lisburn, Coleraine
- 27 September in Foyle Arena, Derry/Londonderry
- 27 September in Ballymena, Portadown, Newry
- The demonstration vehicle will be all over Northern Ireland at various locations between 1 and 24 September.
Working with the Voluntary and Community Organisations
If any charity who is keen to partner with BT around supporting the elderly, vulnerable and disabled with the Digital Switchover, please contact Geraint James.
In particular, they would like to hear from organisations with an interest in running events to engage with the community to help them with the change.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here