Thirty new groups start the Community Leadership Programme
The International Fund for Ireland’s Community Leadership Programme, delivered by NICVA, is an exciting and innovative training and learning programme which aims to strengthen the leadership capacities of groups. The programme uses a mix of training, facilitation, workshops and action learning projects, to empower groups to make real differences in their local community.
Each group that takes part gets one year free subscription to Grant Tracker/Funding Point, networking opportunities at roundtable workshops with others from the CLP. They also get accreditation for five participants from the group in the Institute of Leadership and Management Award in leadership, bursaries for up to two people from each group for the Certificate in Management Practice from University of Ulster and a bursary of £2,500/2,750euro to carry out an action learning project.
Una McKernan from NICVA commented, “to date, over 97 organisations and about 475 individuals have gone through the Programme. We are delighted that IFI have extended this Programme for a fourth year and know that the groups who take part will find it useful and rewarding."
The groups taking part in the 2012-2013 Community Leadership Programme are:
- Ballybay Development Association
- Ballycastle Community Development Group
- Ballyconnell & District Development Association
- Bawnboy Workhouse Ltd.
- Clones Community Forum Ltd.
- Clones Family Resource Centre
- Coalisland Residents Forum
- Drumgath Ladies' Group
- Dungannon Youth Resource Centre
- Family and Friends of Abbey Court
- Folktown Community Interest Company
- Gap Tourism Marketing Ltd
- Glor na Mona
- Growing Connections NI
- Harryville Partnership
- Killargue Development Association
- Killicomaine Residents Group
- Knocknagoney Area Forum (KAF)
- Lettershandoney & District Development Group
- Madden School House Heritage Committee
- Mayobridge Women's Group
- Moneyreagh & District Community Association
- North Belfast Interface Network
- Omagh Women's Area Network
- Redburn Loughview Community Forum
- Sandy Row Community Forum
- Sandy Row Residents Association
- The Doorway Project
- Two Castles Community & Development Association
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here
- The Transformative Leadership Programme: Participants tell their story- North Talks Too & IFI Peace Walls Group, Girdwood TLP, Autumn 2019
- Fresh Start Initiative- A Programme for Women Involved in Community Transformation
- Community Leadership Programme impacts local communities
- Community Leadership Programme celebrates Year Two