Top 10 Results from NICVA’s latest Covid-19 Impact Survey (August 2020)
In August, NICVA surveyed their membership of over 1000 voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations in Northern Ireland.
The survey aimed to find out how the Covid-19 crisis is impacting on them and the services and activities they provide for thousands of people.
Below is a selection of the top 10 results from the survey.
- 73% of organisations indicated that services/activities had been stopped due to the Covid- 19 crisis
- 66.8% of organisations indicated that they had lost funding/income
- Over a quarter (25.3%) said they were delivering only a quarter or less of their normal services or activities, and over a third (35.5%) said the loss of their services was affecting over 100 service users a week
- Over two fifths (42.3%) said up to a quarter of their services were new services developed in response to the Covid-19
- Over a fifth (21.6%) said between a quarter and half of their services were new, Covid-19 related services, such as prescription runs, food deliveries and mental health support
- More than one in six organisations (18.3%) have lost 75% or more of their normal income while more than quarter (26%) have lost between a quarter and half of their income
- Over half (50.4%) said that between 76-100% of their volunteers had been unable to volunteer because of Covid-19
- The top 3 most pressing issues facing organisation were “sustaining our organisation and activities”, “finance/cash flow” and “changing our services to meet emerging needs”
- Nearly a third (31%) of organisations said they expected their income to fall by between 51-75% in the next 6 months, while 4.3% said that their organization may not survive
- Over 60% said they expected their capacity to deliver services to reduce, with over a quarter saying they expected a reduction in capacity of between 25-75%
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here
Not a NICVA member yet?
Save time, money and energy. Join NICVA and you’ll be connecting in to a strong network of local organisations focused on voluntary and community activity.Join Us
NICVA now welcomes all small groups for free.
- Top 10 Results from NICVA’s Annual Individual Charitable Giving Survey 2022
- How is the NI VCSE sector funded? – NICVA’s State of the Sector research reveals the latest figures.
- NICVA Reports the Impact of Covid-19 on Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations
- Latest Covid-19 issues for the sector- 3rd NICVA weekly survey results