Transformative Leadership Programme - Join us for 2021!
Participants on the Limestone Road / Alexandra Park Transformative Leadership Programme
“The course has been amazing. It will help with my practice and working relations across the community. Really engaging, great opportunity to build relationships across sectors.” Stephanie O’ Rourke, Springboard: Transformative Leadership Programme Participant
Would you like to develop leaderships skills and connections with others working to make life better in interface areas in Belfast?
If so, the Transformative Leadership Programme is for you. You can apply if you are:
- A local resident in an interface area
- Someone who works or volunteers for a political party
- Someone who works for a public sector agency
- Someone who belongs to a local community or voluntary group or organisation.
After a successful Autumn run on Zoom, NICVA and partners have now set our dates for courses starting in January 2021, still on Zoom. The online course has worked really well, with small group breakout rooms, group activities, videos and guest speakers – all online – and our participants are now progressing to work together on shared projects funded by Belfast City Council.
“I liked the pace of the course, especially with it being online. Any suggestions from the group were taken on board and applied quickly. Liked the mix of teaching and guest practitioners.” [Marcella McNeill, Transformative Leadership Programme Participant.
“When it was offered online, I had to step out of my comfort zone – it was daunting. But now, I’m really glad that we had the chance to do it that way and it helped that it was a lovely group. Using Zoom we finished the course - it was great to get back and involved with others again. It was well worth taking part and I would definitely advise others to take part” Zoe Ferguson, Transformative Leadership Programme Participant.
We still cover the same great content online, including Leadership Styles, Collaboration Skills, and Transforming Relationships, and the course is still accredited at ILM Level 3.
- When is it on? The 2021 course dates, and info about the course, are on our webpage: www.nicva.org/tlp
- How do I sign up? Just complete the Expression of Interest Form at www.nicvaconnect.org/tlp. We’d suggest people sign up as soon as possible, as our Autumn courses filled up very quickly.
- How do I know it’s for me? Take a look at our participant stories here: Transformative Leadership Programme: Participants’ Stories | NICVA – you can find out how public sector colleagues, local residents, volunteers, and people working in community and voluntary organisations got on.
- What does it cost? The course is fully funded by Peace IV through Belfast City Council, so there is no cost to you.
And of-course you’re welcome to call Helen McLaughlin, Co-ordinator at NICVA, on 028 9087 7777 or drop her a line on [email protected] to arrange a chat.
We look forward to having you on board!
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here
- Transformative Leadership Programme Participant Story – Mal O’Hara, Green Party, North Belfast TLP, Spring 2021
- Ronnie Black, Concerned Residents of Upper Ardoyne, North Belfast TLP, Spring 2021
- TLP Participant Story – Amanda Laird, PUP, North Belfast TLP, Spring 2021
- TLP Participant Story: Siobhán McAlister, South Belfast TLP Spring 2021