Webinar: The UK Points Based Immigration System: Practical Impacts for Northern Ireland businesses (Employers)
Reflecting on the most recent State of the Sector workforce and volunteering update, that found 14% of voluntary and community sector organisations had EU mainland workers or volunteers, this webinar will be of interest to many voluntary and community organisations.
With speakers from the Home Office, Invest NI and InterTradeIreland, the two-hour online event will provide attendees with up-to-date information aiming to help employers prepare for changes that will come into force at the end of December 2020. These changes will see the end of free movement of EU nationals in the U.K. and the introduction of a new Points-Based Immigration System that will officially come into effect on 1 January 2021.
The session will provide information on:
- Overview of the Points-Based Immigration System
- Overview of Skilled Worker route
- Recruiting and Employing Migrant Workers: Processes & Timeframes
- Recruiting and Employing Migrant Workers: Sponsorship Process
- The EU Settlement Scheme
- Frontier Workers & Frontier Workers Permit Scheme
- Signposting to available support
Following the main presentation of information, participants will have the opportunity to ask the Home Office questions about immigration system relevant to businesses.
All businesses, business representative organisations, and anyone with an interest in the UK’s new immigration system and how businesses in Northern Ireland need to prepare for it are encouraged to attend the event.
The UK Points Based Immigration System: Practical Impacts for Northern Ireland businesses
Thursday 10th December
2:00pm – 4:00pm
Registration for the event closes on 07 December 2020.
You can register for the session here.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here
- RSPB NI launch 5 Point Green Recovery Plan for NI’s Economy and Environment
- The role of the voluntary and community sector in supporting good relations amongst Northern Ireland’s young people webinar
- Brexit 2020: What's happening with the protocol on Ireland and Northern Ireland? webinar
- Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman: An information webinar