COVID-19 Charities Fund Advice
The Covid-19 Charities Fund (Phase 2) will provide £11.7m in financial support to charities that have lost income due to Covid-19 and are unable to cover unavoidable costs between 1st October - 31st March 2021.
How to apply
The Fund is open for applications from 9am on Wednesday 6 January to Friday 22 January at 4pm.
The application pack and guidance notes and supporting documents are available on the Community Finance Ireland website.
Help from NICVA
NICVA is here to help guide charities in making their applications, providing independent expert advice.
Advice / Call Back request form
Requests for advice can be made using the form below or by phoning 028 9087 7777 and a staff member will set up an advice call.
Information webinar and Zoom Q&A sessions
We held an information webinar providing an overview of the Charities Fund and what information you need to complete the application form as well as supporting documents you need to submit.
You can watch the information webinar here
We are also organising weekly Zoom meetings for you to ask any further questions you have. The dates are listed below, please just click on the link to register:
Charities Fund Q & A session - 7 January 2021, 10.30am to 11.30am
Charities Fund Q & A session - 13 January 2021, 10.30am to 11.30am
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
Maximum grant value
Community Finance Ireland's assessment team will determine:
- What is the minimum amount of funding that is needed to cover unavoidable costs until 31 March 2021
- The extent to which the charity has put in place credible measures to adapt their services and mitigate the loss of income.
- The extent to which the community relies on the charity to deliver essential services.
Who can apply?
Charities must meet all eligibility criteria below:
- Established prior to 31 March 2020 and is a lawfully operating charity as defined by the Charities Act (NI) 2008.
- Have at least two unrelated people on its board or committee.
- Have a UK bank or building society account in the legal name of the charity with at least two unrelated people who can manage the account.
- Was financially stable prior to the impact of COVID-19.
- Be able to demonstrate that fundraising or trading income has reduced due to the impact of COVID -19 and is unable to meet unavoidable costs up to 31/03/2021.
- Have unavoidable costs that cannot be covered by existing grants or public funding
Who cannot apply?
- Community Amateur Sports Club
- Community Interest Company
- Non charitable social enterprise
- Non charitable trading arm
Advice / Call back request :
Share your COVID-19 support service information
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information