Data Protection Toolkit - Further Guidance
Information and guidance
In addition to the articles and resources that NICVA has written, there is some excellent guidance available from the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and other sources:
- ICO - Preparing for GDPR 12 steps to take now
- ICO - Frequently asked questions for charities
- ICO - Checklist for data controllers and data processors
- ICO - Guide to Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
- Fundraising regulator and IoF – GDPR and charitable fundraising guidance
- NCVO Knowhowtononprofit - How to prepare for GDPR
- Inspiring financial leadership – GDPR guide for charities
Sub-sector specific resources
Some membership organisations and networks are also creating toolkits and resources for their members.
They can include some specific templates and policies that may be specific to your organisation.
- British Canoeing
- British Judo
- Childminding UK
- Culture Republic
- Independent Childminders
- Making Music
- Minding Kids
- National Care Association DSP Toolkit
- Presbyterian Church in Ireland
- Ramblers Volunteers
- Scout Association
- Sport and Recreation Alliance GDPR Toolkit
- Sport NI workshops
- Thrive (formerly Audiences NI)
- TRUSTnet education technology
Where else can I get advice?
The Information Commissioner's Office runs an advice helpline service for small organisations.
The Fundraising Regulator has 'bite-sized' guidance briefings aimed at smaller organisations covering the implications of GDPR on different types of fundraising.
The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has a guide for small charities to help them protect their systems against threats and accidental loss of data.