Are reserves a wasting asset?
Balancing the interests of present and future beneficiaries while ensuring you spend donors money wisely is a perennial challenge for trustees. Add into the equation the fact that if inflation averages 3% per annum, you need to double the value of the charity’s assets (cash & investment) every 25 years just to maintain the spending power. So the real challenge facing trustees is: how do you ensure effective financial management of your charities reserves?
In this session, Charles Mesquita Charities Director at Quilter Cheviot will explore:
- Financial Duties & responsibilities of being a trustee
- Assessing & prioritising financial risks
- How to segment reserves into short, medium and long-term assets
- The investment options for short, medium and long-term assets
- Monitoring, controls & effective decision making
To encourage lively debate and discussion, numbers will be limited and places allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Breakfast will be served from 8.00 AM and the session will begin at 8.15.
This breakfast seminar is kindly supported by Quilter Cheviot.
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for - even in the case of free to access events. Full details on our cancellation policy:
NICVA cancellation policy