Are reserves a wasting asset?
Balancing the interests of present and future beneficiaries while ensuring you spend donors money wisely is a perennial challenge for trustees. Add into the equation the fact that if inflation averages 3% per annum, you need to double the value of the charity’s assets (cash & investment) every 25 years just to maintain the spending power. So the real challenge facing trustees is: how do you ensure effective financial management of your charities reserves?
In this session, Charles Mesquita Charities Director at Quilter Cheviot will explore:
- Financial Duties & responsibilities of being a trustee
- Assessing & prioritising financial risks
- How to segment reserves into short, medium and long-term assets
- The investment options for short, medium and long-term assets
- Monitoring, controls & effective decision making
To encourage lively debate and discussion, numbers will be limited and places allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Breakfast will be served from 8.00 AM and the session will begin at 8.15.
This breakfast seminar is kindly supported by Quilter Cheviot.