Cashless Giving Live Panel Discussion **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
From the pandemic’s first lockdown, charities have been adapting their fundraising approaches to offer alternative ways to donate and raise funds for their chosen cause. It’s not a matter of replacing traditional methods with new digital fundraising strategies but incorporating a mix. The panel will discuss how contactless payments and online fundraising are here to stay and what opportunities this holds for charities along with success stories. It will also be a candid opportunity for the panel to note the challenges digitalisation brought and how organisations overcame difficulties or just simply recognised some digital options didn’t work for them.
NI Manager at the Fundraising Regulator; previously worked at Big Lottery Fund
Outdoor Events Manager at Cancer Focus Northern Ireland
Head of Policy and External Affairs at the Chartered Institute of Fundraising
Community Fundraising Manager at Concern Worldwide UK
The Live Panel Discussion is open to both NICVA members and non-NICVA members. Preference will be given to Northern Ireland based organisations.
Facilitator: Sandra Bailie, Head of Organisational Development at NICVA
- Panel introductions
- Presentation from Daniel Fluskey, CIOF
- An overview of how fundraising changed during the pandemic and how supporters responded
- The success of digital campaigns and innovation
- What charities can think about for growing their fundraising in 2022 and beyond
- Discussion Questions
- Contactless payments and online fundraising are here to stay. What opportunities does this hold for charities? What successes have you had?
- Digitalisation may bring challenges for organisations. What challenges have you faced/overcome or what digital options didn’t work for your charity?
- What have you learnt?
Attendees can submit additional questions along these themes for the panel to discuss ahead of the session and, if time permits, further questions will be taken from the floor.
Submit a question
This session will be facilitated online. We'll provide instructions and support for participants to get setup.