CFNI Programme - Learning Event 11: Essential HR For Trustees (Online) **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
THIS LEARNING EVENT IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE RECIPIENTS OF THE CFNI / DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH'S CANCER, CARERS AND MENTAL HEALTH FUNDS
As the Trustee of a charity, you may have the responsibility for recruiting and managing staff and ensuring that your organisation is meeting its legal and ethical obligations as an employer.
Content of Session
This practical session will include:
- Trustee oversight of essential employment matters eg. recruitment and selection, contracts of employment and policies and procedures.
- What HR information should trustees be seeking?
- Trustee involvement in the implementation of HR policies such as discipline, grievance, whistleblowing and redundancy.
- Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions in this information session.
Who should attend?
This session is aimed at new Trustees, those who have recently acquired HR responsibilities within their organisation or Trustees wishing to update their knowledge
This session will be delivered by NICVA's Human Resources Manager, Alex Hastings
Governance and HR Essentials: A Series of Learning Events
Your Organisation may be interested in the other events in this series. Click on the links below and follow the instructions to register:
- Risk Assessment Made Easy: Thursday 27 April (10am to 12.30pm) – Online
- Being An Effective Chair: Tuesday 6 June (4pm to 5.30pm) – Online
CFNI Building Capacity Accelerator and Mentroing Programme
Up until March 2024 the programme aims to engage with CFNI Grant Recipients to provide bespoke learning opportunities and mentoring support, as well as access to a range of practical and interactive workshops and events. If your organisation is in receipt of the CFNI / Department of Health's Cancer, Carers, and Mental Health Funds and is interested in receiving free Bespoke Mentoring Support, please contact Project Coordinator, Susan Glass: [email protected]
This session will be facilitated online. We'll provide instructions and support for participants to get setup.
- CFNI Programme- Learning Event 10: Being An Effective Chair (Rescheduled Online) **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- CFNI Programme- Learning Event 12: Communication Tools for Effective Project Management (Online) **CLOSED**
- CFNI Programme- Learning Event 2: Developing a Case for Support **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- CFNI Programme- Learning Event 4: An Introduction to Effective Lobbying and Campaigning **REGISTRATION CLOSED**