CFNI Programme - Learning Event 8: Pitch Perfect: Storytelling for Impact (2) - In Person **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
THIS LEARNING EVENT IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR RECIPIENTS OF THE CFNI / DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH'S CANCER, CARERS, AND MENTAL HEALTH FUNDS
This interactive, in-person, full day workshop will equip you with the tools and skills to identify powerful stories and case studies, as well as help you communicate the impact of your work - whether that is during a funding pitch, podcast, media interview, social media video or presentation to different audiences. The training will also give you or your ambassadors the skills and confidence to help prepare for interviews, speak at an event, pitch for funding or to meet with stakeholders or influencers to maximise the impact of your campaign.
"This event helped me focus on the importance of caring for those who are sharing their stories."
"This has been an amazing opportunity to learn how to pitch to get the best story across."
“Fantastic event - I feel much more confident about tailoring each pitch now.”
"Sarah is a great presenter! Great knowledge and gave great tips and support for completing pitches."
Content of session
- Learn how to engage a specific audience
- Identify and use your best stories to persuade.
- Deliver key messages.
- Develop self-awareness around positive communication – verbal and non-verbal.
- Practical exercises in delivering your pitch.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
This session will be delivered by Sarah Travers from Bespoke Communications. Sarah is a former BBC news journalist and TV presenter, with a keen interest in stories and the people that shape them. Sarah is a NICVA Associate and has delivered media training to many organisations in the CVS Sector.
CFNI Building Capacity Accelerator and Mentoring Programme
Over the next two years the programme aims to engage with CFNI Grant Recipients to provide bespoke learning opportunities and mentoring support, as well as access to a range of practical and interactive workshops and events. If your organisation is in receipt of the CFNI / Department of Health's Cancer, Carers, and Mental Health Funds and is interested in receiving free Bespoke Mentoring Support, please contact Project Coordinator, Susan Glass: [email protected]
The programme is funded by Community Foundation NI through the Department of Health's Cancer, Carers and Mental Health Funds and is delivered by NICVA
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for—even in the case of free to access events. Full details on NICVA cancellation policy
- CFNI Programme- Learning Event 5: Pitch Perfect: Storytelling for Impact **REGISTRATION CLOSED **
- CFNI Programme- Learning Event 2: Developing a Case for Support **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- CFNI Programme- Learning Event 4: An Introduction to Effective Lobbying and Campaigning **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- CFNI Programme- Learning Event 6: Podcasting Accelerator **REGISTRATION CLOSED**