Charity research and the media – what works? [FULLY BOOKED]
With contributions from media editors and research experts, this session will look at how the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector can improve their impact and success when it comes to having research-based stories featured in local media.
Who is this for?
This workshop is aimed at people working in organisations that:
- have experience in using stories based on research, data and surveys for media coverage
- want to explore existing open data sources to underpin research and/or media contributions
- produce national research and want to know how to tailor and localise for NI media
The event will be of particular interest to participants of NICVA's MediaConnect programme and those who have previously attended any of our #DataFriday events, but is open to all community, voluntary and social enterprise sector organisations.
What will be covered?
In this informal and open workshop we will discuss:
- Standards and decision-making that editors apply to research and surveys
- What journalists look for in a story, and what works well
- How research-based stories can be improved for media and public consumption
- Data sources and research methods
Please note: this event is now fully booked. To sign up to the reserve list fill in and submit the form below.
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for - even in the case of free to access events. Full details on our cancellation policy:
NICVA cancellation policy