Consultation on NICVAs Manifesto for Change - EVENT 3 **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
Key 3 – Valuing the voice of community and voluntary actors and civil society
Date: Tuesday 9th March, Time: 11:30am - 12:45 pm Via : Zoom
At this event we will discuss the priorities and actions identified under Key 3 of the Manifesto for Change document and provide an opportunity for representatives to share their thoughts and feedback regarding. For more details of Key 3 and its recommendations visit here
- This is the third event in a series of online consultation events, each focussing on one of the three key themes (‘Keys’) identified in the manifesto and which aim to create space and opportunity for participants to share feedback regarding.
- NICVA are keen to take soundings from the sector on the key issues and recommended actions identified in the Manifesto for Change to ensure that the priorities identified reflect the sector’s key concerns and provide a good basis for future discussion and action with government.
- Most importantly we are keen to hear the sectors thoughts and feedback on how these actions can best be progressed.
- At each of the events participants will hear more about the background to and the vision for the Manifesto document and will have an opportunity to give feedback on the themes and priorities identified .
- These events will also be critically important in helping us identify next steps as to how the actions proposed under each key can be progressed in partnership with the sector and with government.
Representatives are free to register to attend all or some of the events, dependent on their particular area(s) of interest.
About the Manifesto for Change
The Manifesto for Change document was prepared by NICVA at the request of the Minister for Communities. Its purpose was to serve as an initial discussion document identifying some of the key strategic issues facing the sector and its future development.
The issues raised within the Manifesto document reflect key issues the sector has raised with NICVA over a number of years and which NICVA has continued to advocate to government on, alongside and on behalf of the sector.
The Manifesto identifies three suggested 'keys' to unlocking the full potential of community and voluntary action harnessed by sector organisations, namely :
Key 1 – Improving Government Understanding and Policy on the Role and Contribution of Community and Voluntary Action.
Key 2 – Unblocking Key Barriers and Creating a Supportive Environment.
Key 3 – Valuing the Voice of Community and Voluntary Actors and Civil Society.
The document suggests a number of priority areas for action under each key for government and the sector to work through together.
The manifesto document has been shared with Government and has been very positively received as the basis for future discussion and action to address the issues identified. We are now keen to progress this next step in partnership and consultation with the sector.
How to register for this Event
This event will be delivered online using the Zoom platform. You will receive log in details in advance of the event once you register.
You can register for this event by completing the Event Registration Request below.
This session will be facilitated online. We'll provide instructions and support for participants to get setup.
- Consultation on NICVAs Manifesto for Change- EVENT 1 **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- Consultation on NICVAs Manifesto for Change- EVENT 2 ** REGISTRATION CLOSED **
- Duty of Candour & Being Open DoH Public Consultation- NICVA Information Event **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- The UK Community Renewal Fund in NI- Information Session for Voluntary and Community Sector organisations **REGISTRATION CLOSED**