Delivering the UN Sustainable Development Goals: What Role for the NI Voluntary and Community Sector?
While the Irish government has forged ahead by producing an SDG Implementation Plan, similar progress has not been made in the UK. In Northern Ireland the SDGs are being overlooked in government policy and regional priority setting.
NICVA and The NI Environment Link are hosting a roundtable discussion to consider this important policy agenda. This session will aim to:
- increase understanding and awareness about the SDGs within the NI voluntary and community sector
- gain a better understanding of how the community and voluntary sector are contributing to the delivery of the Goals
- find out about what progress has been made in Ireland and other parts of the UK
- consider how the voluntary sector can hold government to account on their commitment to deliver the Goals
For background reading, see the report of the UK Environmental Audit Committee Inquiry into the UK progress on delivering the UN SDGs.
Jonathan Bell from Northern Ireland Environment Link. NIEL has just completed a two-year project aiming to raise awareness and understanding of the SDGs in NI
Michael Ewing from Environment Pillar, was involved in establishing Coalition 2030, an alliance of over 60 civil society organisations working together to ensure Ireland keeps its promise to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), both at home and abroad
NI Women's European Platform, NIWEP are a network of women's organisations that works for gender equality in NI through maximising the impact of women's voices in the use of international mechanisms including the Sustainable Development Goals.
Register for this event below. Any questions please get in touch with [email protected]
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for - even in the case of free to access events. Full details on our cancellation policy:
NICVA cancellation policy
- Delivering the UN Sustainable Development Goals: What Role for the NI Voluntary and Community Sector?
- What does the Fourth Industrial Revolution mean for the voluntary and community sector?
- How can NICVA support the Ethnic Minority sector?
- Joint Forum Voluntary and Community Sector Panel Meeting May 2019