Digital Services Design Workshop (Design Hop by CAST)
Calling all service-delivering charities!
The Centre for the Acceleration of Social Technology (CAST) is delivering a FREE , half-day digital 'Design Hop' workshop in NICVA as part of their UK wide programme funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
“It was a revelation.”
“I was blown away. I was buzzing.”
What is a Design Hop?
Design Hops are an energetic and practical introduction to the potential applications and implications of digital for the services charities deliver.
We’ll explore how organisations can respond to the fast-changing digital context, and harness new approaches and tools to increase their impact and reach.
Who is it for?
People working in established nonprofits who are interested in exploring the role of digital. Ideally, we’re looking for decision-makers, who will be able to put the methods learnt directly into practice and are in a position to further develop their ideas, e.g. through grant-funding applications. You should also have a good understanding of your charity’s existing services and the challenges in providing them.
Unfortunately these workshops are not suitable for organisations with beneficiaries based outside the UK.
Register here and you'll get to:
- Hear lots of examples of what other charities have done with digital
- Unpack your assumptions around a key problem and examine it from your service users' perspective
- Understand what assets you have that might help
- Hone in on one achievable thing to test, and how to test it
- Identify next steps to move forwards, including how to overcome some of the internal cultural barriers many of us face
- Meet peers, experts and discover local networks and funding opps to help make your ideas a reality!
They're a great first step (or 'hop') if you want to explore how an appropriate, focused use of digital technology and design methods can enhance your service delivery.
Attending will also enable you to get further (free) support from the CAST network.
Want to hear how the Hop has helped previous attendees? Read their interviews here .
For more information and registration for this free 1/2 day design workshop please go to https://wearecast.org.uk/for-nonprofits/design-hops
CAST are funded to deliver these workshops across the UK by The National Lottery Community Fund and this is the first time they will be in Northern Ireland.
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for - even in the case of free to access events. Full details on our cancellation policy:
NICVA cancellation policy
- Workshop: Developing cyber resilience in the voluntary and community sector (4 April)
- Workshop: Developing cyber resilience in the voluntary and community sector (7 May)
- Workshops: Developing cyber resilience in the voluntary and community sector
- Senior Leaders and Trustees Conference: Building Cyber Resilience in Your Organisation