How to write an effective Press Release
The training will cover:
- How to think like a journalist and identify a good story
- How to write and structure a press release
- How to package the press release
- Common mistakes and things to avoid
- Who to send your press release to and when
The training is only open to NICVA members taking part in our MediaConnect programme, and is aimed at the spokeperson or communications person within the organisation.
Nick Garbutt is the editor of policy magazine ScopeNI, former editor of the Irish News and deputy editor of the Belfast Telegraph. He now has his own communications consultancy and has been heavily involved with the local voluntary sector for more than a decade.
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for - even in the case of free to access events. Full details on our cancellation policy:
NICVA cancellation policy