ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
For this qualification learners are required to evidence 18 hours of coaching and/or mentoring practice with a minimum of two and maximum of three clients. You will also be required to record one hour of coaching practice observed by your manager or supervisor. We can signpost you to a coaching supervisor for the purposes of your qualification and this may attract an additional cost between yourself and the supervisor.
Following a one hour Induction session on Tuesday 7 July from 10am -11am, the programme will consist of the following 2.5 hour webinars which will run from 10am – 12.30pm on the allocated dates:
- Purpose of coaching. The Organisational Culture. Potential Barriers Thursday 16 July
- Task session 10am - 11am Tuesday 21 July
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviour inc Ethical and Non judgmental practice Tuesday 4 August
- Skills Practice. Models and Diagnostic Tools Thursday 6 August
- Supervision and Feedback Tuesday 11 August
- Reflective Practice Thursday 13 August
- Models of Evaluation Tuesday 18 August
- Coaching competencies and Professional Development Planning Tuesday 25 August
You will be expected to undertake independent study and will be set a reading/research task between sessions. NICVA will provide assignment support Friday 7 August from 10am – 11am and one to one feedback as and when suits each learner.
This course is aimed at those working in the voluntary and community sector in NI. Please note: Our services are currently restricted and this may result in a delay in acknowledging receipt of your booking. Payment must be received, however, on or before Thursday 9 July and unfortunately the course may be cancelled if the minimum number of attendees is not reached.
Feedback from previous participants:
"Great challenging ,thorough & enjoyable. I feel well prepared to start coaching people now" - N Scullion, Eden Project.
"Excellent course, great opportunities for learning"- T Simington, The Donkey Sanctuary.