Introduction to Social Enterprises - COL Fundraising Series Online
This 1.5-hour online session is part of the Cost of Living Fundraising series, supported by the Department for Communities.
This is an online event and there is a maximum number so if you are interested please register as soon as possible. There is availability for one person per organisation. If a second person registers, they will be put on a reserve list.
Who is this workshop for:
- Those considering social enterprise as a business model
- Charities who want to explore trading
- Leaders and Senior Managers working within business development
The purpose of the session:
To provide an introduction to social enterprise and explore models of income generation to ensure long-term sustainability.
Content will include:
- Introduction to the social enterprise business model
- Examples of local social enterprise successes
- Social Value in procurement – the opportunities
- Overview of social enterprise legal structures
- Sources of support and next steps
Stephen McGarry has been working in the 3rd sector for over 20 years and since 2002 has been supporting social enterprises to start up and grow. He is a Social Return on Investment practitioner and experienced social impact assessor helping VCSE organisations to understand and measure their social value.
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for—even in the case of free to access events. Full details on NICVA cancellation policy
This session will be facilitated online. We'll provide instructions and support for participants to get setup.