Starting a social enterprise (CFNI) **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
This webinar is delivered by Social Enterprise NI and they will be joined by some of their members who are social enterprises in NI to share their experience and give advice.
It is aimed at organisations who are considering starting a social enterprise and want some guidance on how to proceed and questions that they need to ask themselves.
It will cover:
- What is a social enterprise
- What are the legal structures a social enterprise can have
- What to think about when starting a social enterprise
- Tips and advice from local social enterprises
Amanda Johnston from SENI will give an overview of What is A Social Enterprise, what is the differences between operating as a charity and as a social enterprise and whether community groups/charities should consider starting a trading arm of a social enterprise and the differing legal structures you can be operate as, including the importance of having a board.
The three other speakers who will talk about their experience starting and running social enterprises are:
- Chara Clarke – You Glow Girl
- Jacinta Linden Community – Bolster (formerly Space NI)
- Narita Woods – Fox & Bean
The Accelerator Programme
This session will be facilitated online. We'll provide instructions and support for participants to get setup.