The Preparation and Independent Examination of Charity Accounts (R&P) FULLY BOOKED
All registered charities are now legally required to have their annual accounts either audited or independently examined, depending on their income. The Charity Commission has also issued Directions which must be followed by independent examiners when carrying out the examination of the accounts.
This two day course will be of interest to:
- anyone currently carrying out independent examinations
- anyone considering becoming an independent examiner of R&P accounts
- treasurers of unincorporated charities
who want to know more about the preparation and examination of charity accounts, or ensure that their knowledge is up to date.
Day 1 – Understanding Charity Accounts will focus on the preparation of Receipts & Payments accounts, their form and content and the specific requirements of charity accounting and where it differs from business accounting. Participants will get the opportunity to review good sets of accounts but also some poor examples to see where common errors occur.
Day 2 – Understanding Independent Examination will focus on the independent examination of accounts including what an independent examination is and who can act as an independent examiner. The day will take participants through the process of carrying out an independent examination from first contact with a charity to the final sign off letter as well as learning the filing requirements for the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland.
No particular prior knowledge or experience is required, however if there is a high demand for places priority will be given to those who are intending on carrying out independent examination of charity accounts.
The course will be run over two consecutive days on the 10th and 11th March from 10.00am to 4.15pm each day.
Please complete the form below with your details and under the 'any specific requirements' section please state one of the following either you are intending to carry out independent examinations or you want to increase your knowledge of charity accounts and independent examination.
Further information and training
For details about the charity reporting and accounting regulations please see NICVA's guidance note on accounting
- The Preparation and Independent Examination of Charity Accounts (Accruals) **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- Independent review of charity regulation- accountants and independent examiners' meeting **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- Being an Effective Chair FULLY BOOKED- RESERVE LIST ONLY
- Governance for new, or nearly new, Trustees **FULLY BOOKED, ANOTHER DATE HAS BEEN SET FOR 19 MAY 21**