Welfare Reform Mitigations: Less than 1 year to cliff edge
Through this engagement we aim to generate sustained media coverage on the fast approaching mitigations cliff edge in March 2020 and the impact this will have on people including the threat of an eviction crisis. We will do this by:
- Providing media with the latest up-to-update information on the mitigations package
- Facilitating interviews with people that rely on the mitigations package, in particular people affected by the bedroom tax and the benefit cap
- Facilitating interviews with people that have a key interest in the mitigations package including advice sector, housing sector, community sector
We are delighted to be joined by a number of speakers who will be able to provide context around the welfare reform mitigations and the impact this cliff edge will have on people here. Speakers include:
- Seamus McAleavey, NICVA Chief Executive
- Bob Stronge, Advice NI Chief Executive
- Professor Eileen Evason, Chair of the Welfare Reform Working Group
- Glenda Davis, Sandy Row Community Forum
- and others TBC.
It is envisaged that the most important element of the event will be the opportunity for media to interview people who rely on the mitigations package or key stakeholders who know the issues faced by people who rely on the mitigations package.
If you are interested in being part of this event and engaging with the media on the issue of the welfare reform mitigations please register below.
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for - even in the case of free to access events. Full details on our cancellation policy:
NICVA cancellation policy