Wellbeing: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Programme (6 week course)
The six facilitated sessions will each be delivered as 1 hour Live Webinars over a 6 week period. To benefit from this programme participants will need to mindfully embrace the challenge; be motivated and self-disciplined; and put in the effort and commitment to an immediate lifestyle and attitude change. The six sessions below are all facilitated by Frank Liddy, Inspire Lead Mindfulness Practitioner.
|Session One||Monday 22 February||2pm – 3pm|
|Session Two||Monday 1 March||2pm – 3pm|
|Session Three||Monday 8 March||2pm – 3pm|
|Session Four||Tuesday 16 March||10am - 11am|
|Session Five||Monday 22 March||2pm – 3pm|
|Session Six||Monday 29 March||1pm – 2pm|
At the end of the programme participants should:
- Understand the foundational theoretical and practice based principles of contemplative mindfulness practice and the positive impact on mind, body, brain, overall functioning and performance.
- Understand and apply the concepts of acceptance, beginners mind, bare attention and de-centering to positively manage the inevitable and unavoidable challenges of daily living and including work-life stressors.
- Through mindful awareness;
- Identify, observe emotions and the inter-relationship between emotions, thoughts and behaviour to manage stress
- Notice, challenge and change habitual negative thoughts, behavioural and relational patterns to promote positive interactions.
- Develop – dial - up a measured positive stress response to improve performance and dial down a misappropriated reactionary and negative “fight flight” response which decreases performance.
- Understand and develop a compassionate self-awareness to promote resilience and responsible, positive self-care.
- Learn contemplative mindful meditative practices and through continued practice designed to reduce stress, anxiety and promote self-compassion, resilience and generalised wellbeing.
Please be aware that you may be charged if you don't attend an event you have registered for—even in the case of free to access events. Full details on NICVA cancellation policy