The Joint Forum is made up of representatives from central and local Government (Public Sector Group) and the Voluntary and Community Sector (Voluntary and Community Group).
It was established in October 1998 with the purpose of promoting regular dialogue between the voluntary and community sector and Government departments. It meets three times a year to hear presentations, discuss existing and emerging policy and come up with new ideas to tackle tough challenges for government and the sector.
The Joint Forum is jointly chaired by Glenda Davies from Sandy Row Community Forum and the Director of Voluntary and Community Division in the Department for Communities Arthur Scott.
You can view the minutes of the previous meetings and issues that are actively being discussed by Joint Forum member below.
Any voluntary and community organisation is welcome to submit issues to be raised at the Joint Forum. You can do this by emailing any of the Joint Forum members or by getting in touch with the VCS group secretariat: [email protected]
Voluntary and Community Sector Group
- Glenda Davies (Joint Chair), Sandy Row Community Forum
- Jonny Currie (Co-chair), East Belfast Community Development Association
- Anne-Marie McClure, Start 360
- Clare-Anne Magee, Carers NI
- Brendan Heaney, Diabetes UK
- Chris Quinn, NI Youth Forum
- David Smyth, Evangelical Alliance
- Denise Hayward, Volunteer Now
- Ellen Finlay, Children in NI
- Anne McVicker, Women’s Resource and Development Agency (WRDA)
- Kate Clifford, Rural Community Network
- Kevin Murphy, Voluntary Arts Ireland
- Lorraine Griffin, Community Organisations of the South Tyrone Area (COSTA)
- Craig McGuicken, NI Environment Link
- Siobhan McAlister (Secretariat), NICVA
Public Sector Group
- Arthur Scott (Joint Chair), Department for Communities (DfC)
- Joanna McConway (Secretariat), Department for Communities (DfC)
- Susan Hunter, Department for Communities (DfC)
- Andy Cole, The Executive Office (TEO)
- Grainne Killen, The Executive Office (TEO)
- Jamie Warnock, The Executive Office (TEO)
- Nick Cochrane, Department of Finance (DoF)
- Ronan Adams, Department of Finance (DoF)
- Gavin Quinn, Department of Finance (DoF)
- Annie McGowan, Department for the Economy (DfE)
- Bernard McClure, Department for Infrastructure (DfI)
- Gabrielle Kerr, Department for Infrastructure (DfI)
- Angela Starkey, Department for Infrastructure (DfI)
- Cathy Malone, Department for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA)
- Niall Heaney, Department for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA)
- Pauline Keegan, Department for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA)
- Bryan Lavery, Department of Education (DE)
- Marc Baillie, Department of Health (DoH)
- Rosie Drysdale, Department of Health (DoH)
- Paul Doran, Department of Justice (DoJ)
- Stephen McCourt, Department of Justice (DoJ)
- William Redpath, Department of Justice (DoJ)
- Ryan Black, SOLACE
The Joint Forum is comprised of representatives from across government and the voluntary and community sector. It facilitates an open discussion about the relationship between the two sectors.
The third Joint Forum meeting of 2019 took place on 17 October at NICVA.
A meeting of the Joint Forum will take place on 17 October 2019 at NICVA.
The next meeting of the Joint Forum is due to take place on 6 June 2019 at the Colin Healthy Living Centre in Belfast.
The second Joint Forum meeting of the year took place on 19th June in the East Belfast Network Centre. The meeting was attended by representatives from voluntary and community organisations and the public sector.
The first Joint Forum meeting of the year took place on 26th March 2018 in NICVA. The meeting was attended by representatives from voluntary and community organisations, local and central government departments.
The Joint Forum voluntary and community panel seeks a new sector representative in light of a vacancy.
A meeting of the Joint Forum took place on 27th October 2017 in NICVA. The meeting was attended by representatives from voluntary and community organisations, local government and central government departments.
The Voluntary and Community Sector panel got together last Tuesday 17 October ahead of the Joint Forum meeting between the public sector and voluntary and community taking place on Friday 27 October 2017.
The new Voluntary and Community Sector Joint Forum panel has now been appointed and the had their inaugural meeting on 19 May in Girdwood Community Hub.
- 1 of 3
- next ›
Share your COVID-19 support service information
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information