How much does it cost?
There are two member types:
- Full membership is open to voluntary, community and charitable organisations
- Associate membership is open to statutory, businesses and other institutions
We welcome all voluntary and community organisations as full members. You do not need to be a registered charity; as long as your organisation's aims are other than for financial gain and you are a self-governing body who have joined together voluntarily to take action for the benefit of the community, you should be eligible.
Pricing is based on your organisation's annual income:
|Your organisation's annual income||Membership cost|
|up to 20K||Free|
|£20,000 – £50,000||£30|
|£50,001 – £100,000||£60|
|£100,000 – £250,000||£80|
|£500,00 – £1m||£150|
|£1m to £5m||£200|
Our associate membership applies to voluntary organisations based outside Northern Ireland, public sector bodies, private sector organisations and professional associations.
Associate members have access to most member benefits but have no voting rights, and are not eligible to stand for election to the NICVA Executive Committee.
Pricing is based on the following rates:
|Public sector/statutory agency||£350|
To be eligible for membership of NICVA your organisation must meet the following criteria:
- Your organisation must be a self-governing body of people who have joined together voluntarily to take action for the benefit of the community, and established otherwise than for financial gain.
- While it does not have to be a registered charity, the aims, objectives and methods of working of your organisation must be written down in a publicly available document.
- Your organisation should be open to all members of the community with interests relevant to your publicly stated aims. You should have a stated policy in existence on equal opportunities, or have a commitment to improved practice. We may need to ask you for information about your financial situation and how long you have been operating.
- It must be based in Northern Ireland or if your organisation operates across the UK or Ireland you must have activities taking place in Northern Ireland.
- It should be properly constituted and its existence should not be time limited for a particular purpose.
- Organisations undertaking and/or affiliated to party political activity are not eligible for membership.
- Your organisation must be able to subscribe to NICVA’s Values Statement.
- NICVA reserves the right to refuse membership to any organisation it believes to be ineligible. The decision of the executive committee will be final.
Last reviewed by the NICVA Executive Committee on September 2015
Join us for:
- Better Representation
- Discounted Training
- Fundraising Support
- Networking Opportunities